Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, September 13, 2012

Info Post
You know how I was supposed to have surgery on Sept. 10. Well, in a freak circumstance my hysterectomy didn't happen.  My surgery date had been rescheduled for the 24th but neither the scheduling nurse nor my doctor informed me of the change.  I put much more of the onus on the nurse who schedules surgeries since that is her job. This means that on Sunday I had only clear liquids and did the bowel prep, and the enema on Monday before I had to be at the hospital at 6am.  This means I have to do this again with some minor adjustments - no enema due to bleeding but one additional day of only clear liquids.

Monday I was really bummed out and a little miffed.  I would have been back to blogging sooner if those were my only issues but Monday evening I became pretty ill with major stomach issues and a sinus and/or a migraine headache. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that I started to feel half-alive again.

On Monday the nurse scheduler called me and apologized. My doc had taken a vacation day on Monday which was unusual for him. Immediately after getting into his office he found out about the surgery scheduling fiasco and called me to apologize.

Since I was MIA for the 11th anniversary of the September 11th attacks I am posting a video below in remembrance of all those who lost their lives that tragic day.






0 comments:

Post a Comment