Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Info Post
In the last few days I learned that it was left up to Donald Trump whether Carrie Prejean would keep her crown and stay as Miss CA. Last night Trump spoke on Greta Van Susteran's On The Record and stated that he had pretty much made his decision on whether Prejean would keep her crown or not. Trump had this somber tone to his voice so I thought he had decided to fire Miss CA.
Today it was made known all across the world that Carrie Prejean is going to indeed stay Miss California. I am glad that Donald Trump made the decision to keep Carrie as Miss CA because I don't think a person should be punished for their opinion. The pictures that were released in order to embarrass Carrie and destroy her career because of Perez Hilton and others disagreeing with her statement was appalling. She was just saying what she believes in, and in doing so stating marriage belongs between a man and a woman. Miss CA stated that this was what she was raised by her parents to believe and is following their example.Donald Trump stated in this day and age that the photos released of Carrie into the public were acceptable and did not cross the line. I think that both Donald Trump and Miss CA showed extraordinary class in this whole situation.
I am personally opposed to gay marriage and am open to debate on this topic. I am all for civil unions which does not require a sexual act or that being implied like gay marriage does. I say to anyone who disagrees with me let's debate this issue. Healthy debate is a very important part of our society and needs to be encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment